Thursday, March 26, 2009

Miscommunication...

If I were to distinguish one experience that I have witnessed in which information was miscommunicated in the work setting, I would have to describe the most recent occurrence, which was today. Unfortunately this experience included me. Today I had a meeting in Greenville with Northwestern Mutual, where I will be working this coming summer as an intern. This meeting was set up almost one week ago for 2:00 this afternoon. While I was writing down the time and place for this meeting, apparently I wrote down 3:00 instead of 2:00. Unfortunately at 1:30 this afternoon when I received a phone call confirming this meeting, I was caught completly off gaurd. On the bright side when I explained that I had thought the meeting was at three instead of two o'clock today the Human Resources director was very understanding about the situation and she was available at 3:00 for me to come in. I believe this could have been prevented if I had paid more attention in the initial conversation scheduling this appointment as well as possibly sending an email a few days ago to confirm the meeting. I believe most miscommunications, both large and small, can be avoided if the correct precautions are taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment