Sunday, February 1, 2009

Superbowl Sunday....

Today, on Sunday February 1st instead of doing the one thing that most every college student in America is doing, watching the Superbowl, I am sitting on my couch studying. Now I am very aware that there are things that need to be scheduled at certain times in order to make the semester flow, but I have always felt like I have gotten the brunt of the bad timing every semester since I have been here. Seriously, is it terribly difficult to have a quiz on a Wednesday instead of the Monday after the Superbowl? Personally I would rather have less time to study for it and have it on Friday than on Monday. Especially because all of my business teachers this semester got together to see how challenging they could make my life this semester. All of my tests and quizzes and papers are all due on the same day. Remember in high school when there was a rule you could not have more than 2 tests in any given day; what happened to that? Speaking of rules like that did you know that it is a rule you cannot have more than 2 finals in a 24 hours period? Did you know that this does not mean 24 hours this means on the same day. See the difference? I can have the 6:30 exam on Monday night and the 8:00 am and 11:00 exam on Tuesday and while those are all within 24 hours they are not on the same day so it is okay. Personally I think that some consideration should be given for specific events. Having 2 quizzes a test and paper due the Monday after the Superbowl is just mean.

I hope you all enjoyed the Superbowl for all of us who were not lucky enough to be able to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment